PROTOCOL FOR GETTING THINGS DONE!
…for all involved in the 3 areas of mission…
Evangelization, Spirituality, Service
* All activities must be approved by Fr. Rick via the Mission Team Leader.
- The usual deadline is Monday by noon.
- When offices are closed on Monday due to a holiday, the deadline is the previous Friday by noon.
- Deadlines for major holidays and the preceding weekends, and the month of December is at least 3 weeks early. Check the bulletin for announcements for early submission dates.
- Generally, announcements with specific details should be in the bulletin 23 weeks before the event. “Save the Date” announcements can go in earlier.
- Submit the wording by email exactly as it is to be in the bulletin. This may be in the body of the email or attached as a Word document or Publisher file. Do not use PDF files.
- Include whether the event will be livestreamed, held on Zoom, or need reservations
- If you wish to create your own announcement in Publisher, Amy can send you a “shell” document with the margins and columns used for the bulletin.
- If it is an event from last year, submit a new announcement. Do not ask to use the “same as last year.”
- If you have specific graphics/pictures you would like used, attach them to the email. High resolution images work best (JPEG, JPG, PNG.)
It is always best to get announcements in as early as possible – getting it in under the deadline doesn’t guarantee a spot in the bulletin. Especially with large announcements – earlier is much better.
- Amy will make the posters from the components in the bulletin announcements and send to you for approval. Once approved, she will send to LPI, our bulletin publisher, for printing. Do not go to an outside printer for design or printing.
- Requests for posters should be sent to Amy at least 3 weeks prior to when you would like the posters distributed (one week for design and approval, and two weeks for printing and delivery from publisher).
- Fr. Rick would like posters for every event.
- If it is a one page or a double sided page, 500 can be printed.
- 81/2 x 11 pages that need to be copied, collated and stapled in the top left, Denise can copy and staple a few hundred.
- A one page, doubled sided pamphlet can be made. The ministry can fold them. Booklets with more pages can be printed. The ministry staples and folds.
- If something cannot be done by Denise, she will inform you to use Ellington Printer. We have an account there. Do not go to Staples or another printer.
- Whatever is emailed or dropped off for printing is to be ready to print. Denise will not reformat or re-type etc. Please provide at least “3 days” notice to allow for a busy schedule or unforeseen events.
- Committee members may be asked to make the copies under Denise’s direction.
- All printing for events at St. Matthew and St. Bernard is to be done through Denise at St. Matthew, unless the project is too large. Printed materials are to be picked up at St. Matthew.
- If materials can be submitted a few weeks ahead of time, our bulletin company (LPI) will make copies for us, at no charge. Questions, call Denise at 860875-0753 ext. 2
- For new web pages or modules; updates or changes to existing web content on the website. Include the following items with your request, if applicable:
- Location on the BSP website where content is desired or location of content to be updated
- The title for the web page or module and the content
- Documents that will be linked on the site. Documents are to be saved as PDF.
- Image(s), with author name and documentation showing permission to publish the image(s). Images are to be in PNG format.
- Links and the display name you want parishioners to see when they click on the link.
- Parish email and phone #, if desired. No personal information.
- If a form needs to be created, mockup the form in a MS Word document.
- Include all the information you need to collect and display on the form
- Indicate the email(s) that the form data will be sent to when the user clicks on ‘submit’.
for streaming, Zoom meetings, and assistance with the projectors, sounds systems, etc. in the parish.
- Requests to livestream events should be approved by the Ministry Team Leader.
- The dates and times should be included in the request.
- Requests for Zoom meetings should indicate the date, length of the meetings, and number of people who will be attending. The tech team zoom support people will be in contact to help you plan the details of your zoom meeting. Many of the ministry team leaders have zoom accounts and may be able to help committees setup and run their zoom meetings.
- Once we are able to have inperson meetings, the tech team will assist with the setup of the equipment and be present to handle any technical issues that come up during the meeting. Making your request early will help to get a team member assigned.
Calendar dates are approved through the Ministry Team Leaders in communication with
Denise at St. Matthew and Carmen at St. Bernard. Always check the online calendar prior
to submitting dates to Denise and Carmen.
USE OF CHURCH HALLS AND OTHER FACILITIES
Reservations of church halls and other facilities are requested through the Ministry Team Leaders with Denise at St. Matthew and Carmen at St. Bernard. Always check the online calendar prior to submitting requested dates. Due to programed locking/unlocking procedures for each location, ample notice is required, as is communication prior to the event, and cancelation of an event.
Fr. Rick determines the “Pulpit Pushes” for each weekend.